My Acne Skin & Skincare review (L'occitane and Herbaline)

I'm gonna give my short review on visit to Glo Laser Center at 1 utama.

Before I talk about Glo Laser Center, let me story about me and my out break of acnes.

My face used to be quite ok, in my opinion, and as you can see there is not much visible acnes or scars on my face in the picture below.



That was in 2017. And as you can see one of my latest picture now in 2018:


My flawed face.

I think that condition started ever since I wanted to be more atas and bought skincare from l'occitane. It has been on my wishlist for long and I was waiting to finish up my old skincare range from the facial saloon before I get l'occitane. So it was the first skincare range I used after finishing the facial one and since then I think my skin has been quite susceptible to outbreaks.

I have been using the Shea Butter range Foam cleanser, as well as getting the 25% Shea Butter Ultra Rich Comforting Cream.



The foaming cleanser wasn't that drying as it has 5% shea as compared to many other foaming cleanser, so I was assured to continue using it. Even if the foaming cleanser is more drying than my old milk cleanser, I feel that it can cleanse better than the milk one. Plus, I am using in combination with the 25% comforting cream, which is REALLY RICH, so I guess it will complement each other.

However I think after a week plus using it, I think my face starts to have outbreak, and then it becomes really more active and frequent, until I didn't know what to do. As I have to cleanse my face anyhow, I just try to use lesser of the foam cleanser and lesser cream. Still, my acne breakout is quite crazy as compared to before, some people blame it on hormone, I guess it is quite obvious that it started when I used the skin care above. Even though it is not cheap, it is definitely not for everybody.

Besides, I didn't go to facial anymore ever since Aug 2017, so in March I decided to visit the Herbaline for a facial session. As expected, the Herbaline staff of course tried to sell me their products also. With loss faith on the l'occitane range, I decided to give it a try on the Herbaline skin care range, as the price is not as high as compared to the other facial saloon. However, the cleanser that they introduced to me was also the foam type of cleanser. They insisted that theirs are mousse type (where you pump the cleanser foam comes out instead of cleanser that you lather into foam), and they say it's not as drying as the foam one, and I was like, ok , why not give it a try also, and took the products home (inlcuding a serum and moisturiser). All their products have light scent of herbal smell when using it.

It costs RM67 for the mousse cleanser, RM99 for the moisturiser, and RM 120+ for the serum. It really is relatively cheaper than the range usually sold in facial house. Of course you can never compare with the drugstore brand.... but yeah I am clearly a victim of consumerism. I feel good being able to spend lol.

The mousse cleanser.

The moisturiser. Good packaging and hygienic as it is the pump type.


I think my condition didn't improve even after using the mousse type of cleanser for a month plus. My skin is still quite drying, in fact it actually emits more oil as compared to before when I was using milk cleanser. I have frequent pimple out breaks as well as oil seeds and acne. My logic is it could probably be when my skin feels dry, it produces more oil so that my skin is balanced. I ended up with oily skin that is prone to breakout even on the days I don't apply moisturiser.

So these are my two cents on foam cleanser towards my combination skin (more on the dry side). I will blog more if changing back to milk cleanser actually helps my condition or not. Oh ya, and as mentioned in the early of the post, I went to try on laser facial out of frustration and distress towards my ugly skin. I will blog about it in the next post.

Till then, see ya!

Comments

  1. I am continually amazed by the amount of information available on this subject. What you presented was well researched and well worded in order to get your stand on this across to all your readers. Acne Therapies reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used Dermalmd acne serum for years & have recommended it to many people young & old! It's the best treatment for acne & pimples. Use it sparingly because it works well & can dry your skin. You won't be disappointed. I've had people thank me because if the results.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of learning Piano and turning to teaching