Glo Laser Center - Laser Facial Review

As mentioned in my previous post on how my face started to fill with oil seeds and acne and pimples, I have bought my voucher at Fave for RM188 - two sessions of laser with lip & neck treatment. Seems like a good deal for me as I have been wanting to try on Laser Facial for some time, after my forehead and face have been continuously developing acnes and pimples at an active rate as compared to before.

So I have gotten this deal for only RM 45, after deducting my AirAsia BIG points as now they have partnership with Fave. I have never got to redeem flights using my points, so I was like okay, why not use it first at here, since I will not rely much on points to redeem flights in the future.

So I was asked to only walk in to any branch to redeem the voucher. I did so and went to 1 utama branch. The service started with a polite consultation, before proceeding with the treatment. During the consultation, pictures of my sides and front face have been taken as reference to show what are the flaws on my face. I was also being told that if I come for facial, I would not need to go to the regular facial anymore. That sounds like music as I wouldn't want to spend on multiple places just to fix my face. In fact she said that the extractions will cause our pores to be larger, and the laser facial is sufficient to clean out the dirt from our pores, so I was like, ok, let's see how it goes.

The beautician, Summer, mentioned that it will take me only 15 minutes for the treatment to be done. Basically at that point I wasn't feeling much, just neutral, and not anticipating anything. I am just skeptical on what they mention that it gives instant results.

So I lied down on the treatment bed, and she asked me if I was nervous. Then in my head was like, why nervous? and I said no I am not. So she started to cleanse my face with their own cleansing milk. It felt good, fresh and relaxing. Got the facial feeling but wasn't too extensive massage like facial. Afterwards, she removes my lips makeup and put on tissues on my eyes, and then safety goggles. I guess that was to protect my eyes from the light.

Afterwards, before she starts the laser, she tried it on the back of my hand first to let me have a feel how it was going to be like, immediately I felt a twinge of regret and nervous I found it quite painful. It's like the person is playing fireworks in front of your skin kind of feeling. 

So I started to be tensed while she started to do the laser on my face. I think she could see me frown a bit as my face felt really sensitive when she was doing it and I was almost stopped breathing. lol. But she rub the parts that the laser is done very fast to balance back the reaction of my skin. 

She started with one side of my face, slowly moving up to forehead and down to another side of my cheek. The she moved to my chin, and when she move to the parts close to my eyes, I got really nervous as those parts are thinner than the rest. It wasn't really comfortable for a first timer I would say but it was bearable. My friend told me it just felt like insects crawling lol but I felt more intense, and you for sure can smell light scent of burnt smell lingering around as if there was really burning taking on place.

After the eye part, she moved to the nose bridge which I got really nervous too, and slowly to my upperlips and lips. She even wanted me to make a kissing mouth so she can laser the entire of my mouth. I still remember how much I felt like running away from the treatment bed. 

After all these, I still have to undergo the IPL treatment. I had tried that only for IPL hair removal and NOT ON THE FACE SO I WAS REALLY NERVOUS AGAIN. I still remember my heart beats so fast and probably if it wasn't cos of the air-conditioning my sweat may prickle. lol. So it was really SOOOOO BRIGHT when the IPL was going on my face, even with safety goggles, I felt like I was really squinting my eyes badly cos of the intense light.

So it was really fast and brief after everything was done, and she apply some kind of soothing moisturiser and sun block on my face before letting me go.

As usual, don't go to these beauty saloons without expecting that they will try to promote you their packages and products. I expected that and willing to know more about it. So what I roughly remember is like this:

5 sessions RM1000+
10 sessions RM2000+-

and 20 sessions and so on where you get more discounts.

So that day was the day after the general election in Malaysia. They mentioned that they have this special discount for 10% packages signed lol. Normally the price is quite fixed and they don't frequently do promo to new customers, probably only old customers. They also promoted to me their skin care range, where they claim that they have 50% discount only during the few days.

I always skeptical about those people saying oh we have only limited time promotion blablabla but their skin care range is something that I don't mind trying also as after 50% it was not that expensive. Besides, the Herbaline skin care range especially the mousse cleanser wasn't really suit me. So guess what? I signed up for 10 sessions package, and also bought their milk cleanser, moisturiser and sun block for less than RM 2000. The skin care products that I was getting cost normally RM 800+ and now only RM 400 +. Actually it's just like loccitane price, so why not since I felt good about that when they used on me during the treatment. Anyway as the saying goes "women's money are easiest to earn". lol.


We went for llao llao after that


Nevertheless, I think that it is a good deal. I didn't get their serum cos I wanted to continue to use the Herbaline one, and I guess after finishing their sunblock, I can just get one from drugstore, no harm.

Honest Review: I did feel like my face a little brighter after the 1st session that I couldn't really believe it because of having to try so many sorts of facial treatment before. I always have this problem of dull skin so this means a lot to me. I was happy with the results and looking forward for the coming treatments where my face should be improving after sessions.



Me after the first treatment - bare face. Look at my scarrsssssss.

Updated: I have done my 3rd treatment and felt subtle glow and smaller pores after the 3rd treatment. I get only less nervous on this time because on the 2nd time I still think that I experience quite some discomfort from the laser. Well, I guess we will get used to it after some time. Plus I really like its milk cleanser! It is a BOOM and I will definitely will not go back to touch any foam cleanser anymore like seriously!!

Me now. I guess you can notice a lot of marks faded. They are still there, but not obvious anymore.

Anyways, if you are intrigued in trying, you can purchase the trial one from fave for 2 sessions, and if you are keen on signing up I really encourage you to do so if it doesn't give you much pressure on your financial side. You can quote my name for an additional RM100 discount from the packages!

Oh side note this is not a sponsorship anyway haha. The above is just normal referral programme thingy.

Oh ya during the 3rd treatment they try to sell me some Cyrglo or whatever some other additional treatment then I was like, let me try this laser one first -_- But you can't expect them not buying, it's their job! and your job is to think and assess if you really want it.

So hopefully you find the solution to a better skin that makes you happy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of learning Piano and turning to teaching