24 Jan 2021


Jan 2021 already approaching the end. We left with 11 months to plan and action on our planned new year’s resolutions.. what’s your progress?

As a typical salaried employee, I can’t wait to get my Jan payroll, but at the same time it makes me lack of focus of the present and only focus on the future of longing when I would get my pay.

Searching on how to not regret over decision made, saw a video by Sadhguru centering on making decision without a persona, a mask. And it links to encouraging people to meditation.

This is an ongoing idea whenever you come across any self improvement videos, and I have all the knowledge on what the benefits are, but I couldn’t commit myself into doing that. But since I came across that idea again, I actually went on and try and see if it silent my inner voices and worries.

Turned out it felt good after that. I was trying to search on any real life examples of how it actually help anyone, but all I could come across are those 20 benefits of meditating, and etc. I didn’t know what to achieve from practicing meditation, they keep on claim that it helps your mindfulness etc, but I am really curious that at which point you would start to aware on those changes happening on you?

Anyway I Tried and it felt nice and calm. This morning I tried it for 5 mins as well and I felt much calmer and recharged after that. The whole day I was able to silent my inner devil somehow that is screaming regret on my decision, and reminded myself on why I made that decision at first point.

I will vow to commit to meditation for 5 mins everyday at least for a week, and see how this will change me. So far the technique has been on focusing on breathing and I felt it was doable. Mind wander off and I tried to pull it back to focus on my breathing. Overall I felt less agitated throughout the day and felt a sense of serenity in my mind. Maybe I overrate the whole experience since I had been doing for only 2 days, but given that I had so much inner voices nowadays, I could use a 5 mins peace each day. And not filing up every single minute from playing games or watching tv only.

Well I hope I can document down my journey on this. Here’s to more mindfulness and calmness in making decision from now on. Since I had not much clear resolutions being set on, this could be something I can focus on. :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of learning Piano and turning to teaching